Wondering if you can wear white pants before memorial day? You absolutely can and we are going to show you what to wear with those pants no matter what the season is!
Memorial day is just around the corner, but you’re not sure if it’s too early to start wearing white pants. Who came up with the old fashion rule about when you can and can’t wear white pants? I don’t know about you, but I really think rules, especially in fashion are made to be broken! There is absolutely no reason to not wear white pants in the winter or spring (or anytime of year)!
You totally can wear white pants or a white dress during the winter season, into spring and all the way through the summer months. In fact, we recommend wearing them as often as possible to get the most out of your wardrobe! Sound good? There is no dress code when it comes to white! And, we’re going to share with you all the ways you can wear white pants this winter and spring and look as stylish as ever! This post is all about how you can wear white pants before memorial day!
When can you start wearing white pants?
You can start wearing white pants whenever you want! It doesn’t have to be the end of May to wear them, I promise. In fact, in some states the temperatures have already reached 90+ degrees waaayyyyy before the summer months as dictated by the calendar, so, why would you wait until a specific day to wear white pants? Go ahead and pull out those white pants right now, no matter what the month on the calendar is. If you don’t believe me, just take a look in the retail stores! The white pants and white jeans are out in spades these days!
How can you wear white pants in winter?
Super easy! Look at this super cute white pants suit in the above picture. I don’t know about you, but if the color of snow is white, then why on earth can’t you wear white in winter? Here are our favorite ways!
- As a pant suit! You don’t have to be part of the working class to rock classic white pieces as a pantsuit.
- Add a black sweater or any color sweater. This women’s lightweight sweater is perfect for paring with white pants.
- Pair with some over the knee boots and a long sleeve blouse! These faux over the knee boots are so cuuuteee! Talk about ADORABLE!!
How can you wear white pants in spring?
- Add a bright colorful or a neutral sweater!
- Layer with the white on white look. Grab a white top (a t-shirt is perfect) and then a white denim jacket! A white outfit is totally on-trend!
- Pair with a sleeveless tank top or blouse. Look at this adorable animal print budget -friendly tank! Perfect with white pants!
- Grab a pair of sneakers for a casual look. The look below is perfect fashion etiquette for transitioning from winter to spring!
When should you not wear white pants?
Here are a few instances when it might be best to avoid wearing white pants. White pants can be easily stained, so it’s important to be mindful of what activities you’ll be participating in.
- You may want to avoid wearing white pants if you’re going to be doing any outdoor activities like hiking!
- White pants are probably not the best choice for rainy days or snowy days with all the slush that generally occurs with snow!
When can you start wearing white jeans?
White jeans have the same rules as white pants, meaning there truly are no rules when it comes to wearing white jeans! You can wear them any time of year you want!
You can see me here wearing white in two different types of fabric for a fun look during the spring!
What are the rules about wearing white?
There are no rules peeps. I remember when I was younger and learning about fashion, I innately knew that you could wear any color with white and any color with black. Well, as I got older and more fashionable! I’ve realized that somehow, as a kid, I was right when it came to this fashion statement. And, it still holds true! So go ahead and wear your white with whatever you’d like – dark clothing, light clothing, white linen suits..whatever your personal style is white can work! And, you can also wear that white any time of year you want!!! NO months or days of the year are off limits. Summer whites, casual outfits, winter whites, it doesn’t matter. Wear that white whenever you want!
FAQs: How can you wear white pants in 2022
White pants can be worn any time during the spring season and all warmer months!You can also wear white pants in the winter months! Basically, you can wear white pants any time of year you would like. We’ve listed 4 easy ways to wear them (one for each season) below!
- Try some white linen pants with a sweater tank for the summer seasons to stay cool. A word of caution- linen wrinkles easily so be sure to steam them prior to wearing them.
- Add a lightweight sweater of any color; (white sweaters work too), with white trousers and some white sneakers for a spring look of leisure!
- Grab any dark colors for your top and add some pants in winter whites (not a bright white) and white boots for a stylish look during the colder months.
- You can still wear white jeans in the fall! Just make sure you have a jacket to prepare for the changing temperature at night. A moto leather jacket is perfect! I am OBSESSED with this moto jacket and wear it all.the.time.
Why can’t you wear white pants before memorial day or Easter Sunday?
Umm, WUT? Why can’t you???
Seriously though! You absolutely can. I think that breaking the fashion rules is all the rage these days, and what could be more rebellious than wearing white before memorial day or even for Easter?
I guess the main reason why we’re told not to wear white pants before these holidays is because it’s seen as a summer color. But who says we can’t wear it in the fall? There are so many ways to style white clothing for any season! This post shares 7 ways to style your white jeans during winter! And, most of these styles make perfect sense for fall as well.
With spring right around the corner, now is the perfect time to stock up on some white clothes that will keep you stylish all season long. From coats to sweaters to pants and white dresses there’s something for everyone in this versatile color.
When to wear white pants?
Girl, if there is one thing you should know from this post, you can wear those white pants of yours anytime your little heart desires. Seriously! Go for it! Anytime of year is perfectly fine to wear your white pants. Just make sure you are pairing them with something that works for the weather.
When can you wear white pants after labor day?
Whenever you want! I think the rule of no white after labor day is a major fashion faux pas! It started in the early 20th century but seriously, no longer are those rules! Just as we mentioned about the warmer months before memorials day, the end of summer and early fall can be very warm too. You totally can wear white shirts, white pants, white jeans, white shoes. Basically whatever you want. The old rules of no white after labor day are long gone my friends!
So although Memorial day used to be the start of wearing white pants appropriately, that is no longer true! It’s not too late to wear white pants this winter or even as we move into spring! We know, the weather has been a little chilly (we have 10 inches of snow outside) but that doesn’t mean you can’t rock your favorite pair of distressed denim jeans with crisp white button-downs or silk blouses before summer officially arrives. To keep things looking fresh in the warmer months ahead, try pairing them with bright or neutral sweaters for daytime looks or go all out on an ultra-casual outfit by wearing them with white sneakers. Share with us in the comments your favorite way to style your white pants in winter or spring! This post is all about how you can wear white pants before memorial day!
Other posts you may enjoy:
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I receive a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links at no cost to you. However, all opinions and thoughts are my own.